Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Text book P553-P563 notes taking

1. The measure of this opposition to flow is called electrical resistance.
2. R=V/ I  R is the resistance in volts/ ampere, given the derived unit of ohm.
3. V/I ratio was constant for a particular resistor. this ratio is called Ohm's law.
4.---the larger the conductor the greater the resistance.
   ---the larger the cross-sectional area of the conductor, the less resistant it has to change flow.
   ---the type of the material--some materials are better conductor than others.
   ---higher temperatures tends to increase the resistance.
5. A wire that has a small gauge number has a large cross-sectional area. A small cross-section has a large   gauge number.
6. A series circuit the loads are connected one after another is single path.
7. A parallel circuit the loads are connected side by side.
8. Kirchhoff's current law: the total amount of current into a junction point of a circuit equals the total current that flows out of that same junction.
9. Kirchhoff's voltage law: the total of all electrical decreases in any complete circuit loop is equal to any potential increases in that circuit loop.
10. ---in series circuit------IT=I1=I2=I3
                                                       VT=V1+V2+V3
                                                        RT=R1+R2+R3
        ------in parallel circuit------IT=I1+I2+I3
                                                          VT=V1=V2=V3
                                                          1/RT=1/R1+1/R2+1/R3

No comments:

Post a Comment